ACHIEVE-ITN is an EU-funded innovative innovative training network. It aims at training a new generation of scientists through a research programme on highly integrated hardware-software components for the implementation of ultra-efficient embedded vision systems as the basis for innovative distributed vision applications. They have developed core skills in multiple disciplines, from image sensor design to distributed vision algorithms, and at the same time they have shared a multidisciplinary background that is necessary to understand complex problems in information-intensive vision-enabled applications.
ACHIEVE-ITN has been executed by a consortium composed of 6 academic and 5 industrial partners. The training of the early-stage researchers has combined excellent research, secondments with industry and inter-lab, specific courses on core and transferable skills, and academic-industrial workshops and networking events, all in compliance with the H2020-MSCA’s objectives of international, intersectoral and interdisciplinary mobility.
WASC has been celebrated for 11 years now, from 2012 in Clermont-Ferrand (France) to 2020 in Ghent (Belgium), where worldwide health conditions forced us to hold it online. This year we are back in person. WASC 2022 will be held in Barcelona at the Residència d’Investigadors, a public association created in 1993 by the Spanish CSIC and the Generalitat of Catalonia. Our programme will include technical sessions, invited talks from relevant actors in industry, professional advice for new PhD graduates, etc.
The Advisory Board of WASC is composed by:
- François Berry from Institut Pascal, Clermont-Ferrand (France)
- Victor Brea from CiTIUS-USC, Santiago de Compostela (Spain)
- Bart Goossens from Ghent University (Belgium)
- Dominique Ginhac from Univ. Bourgogne Franche-Comté at Dijon (France)
- Ricardo Carmona-Galán from Instituto de Microelectrónica de Sevilla, CSIC-Univ. Sevilla (Spain)
- Helder Araújo from University of Coimbra, Coimbra (Portugal)
Workshop on professional perspectives of PhD
This year the Technical Sessions of WASC will be preceded by a seminar of the creation of startup companies, and a panel where experts on industry will debate on the professional development of PhD graduates in industry. These two activities are held in collaboration with the Universitat Politécnica de Catalunya and the Spanish Chapter of the IEEE-Circuits and Systems Society. The organizers of this event are:
- Francesc Moll from Universitat Politécnica de Catalunya, Barcelona (Spain)
- Marisa López-Vallejo from Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (Spain)